We are looking for summer 2019 interns, for an immediate start in July 2019 (2-6 months).
- Great opportunity to gain new experiences and develop business skills by working in a young team of 20
- Will suit a current undergraduate/postgraduate or recent undergraduate/postgraduate looking to join an ethical management consultancy as a future career
- Chance to strengthen CV through practical involvement in mixed work around business development, communications and project delivery
- Undertake research and market analysis, including policy summary
- Client liaison before and after projects and events
- Social media project work including targeted messaging
- Develop the company CRM and client database and support stakeholder mapping
- Review client-facing materials including quality assurance and proofreading
- London living wage plus travel expenses
- Induction, training and development for the role
- Consideration for future graduate roles in GGI
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply via email to Ms Spike Smilgin Humphreys: firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- An up to date CV
- Separate supporting statement explaining why you should be considered for the role
GGI is accepting further applications on an on-going basis, for those wishing to develop their skills and experience with GGI on a long-term basis. GGI has a strong track record for providing meaningful, developmental internship opportunities that have led to full-time, permanent positions.
Applications will be reviewed weekly, on Mondays.
Working within an established national consultancy, this role offers a great opportunity for a proactive contribution to the growth of GGI and to its impact in innovation in governance in the future.
Good Governance Institute (GGI) is based in Lambeth Bridge/Vauxhall area in London.
GGI has been leading good governance for a decade. GGI is highly-respected, independent and rated as a one of the ‘UK’s Leading Management Consultants’ for 2018 and 2019 by the Financial Times (FT). GGI is committed to changing the world through good governance and shares knowledge and tools on an open-source basis.
GGI’s main market sector is healthcare and also has a significant presence in education. Other clients include national sporting bodies and the third sector. The consultancy work is highly varied, ranging from very senior thought leadership, governance reviews, policy development to community engagement.
How we work
GGI supports clients by using sound, evidence-based thinking and deep knowledge of the market to add real, sustainable value. This means that you must enjoy the challenge of variety, be flexible and be active in turning our ethos into clear outcomes for clients.
GGI is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The Good Governance Institute has been at the forefront of governance thinking for a decade, working across the public, third and private sectors. We are a highly-respected, independent consultancy, rated as a ‘4 stars’ management consultancy for 2018 by the Financial Times, with a commitment to changing the world through what we do.
As part of our continued growth, we are recruiting to key roles, based in London and working across the UK and abroad. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team.
How we work
Our ethos is of paramount importance in everything we do. We are proud of our values which shape not just our work with clients, but the way the company is structured and run.
We support our clients by using sound, evidence-based thinking and deep knowledge of the sector to add value by what we do, often creating bespoke programmes of work. It means that whoever works for us must enjoy the challenge of variety, be flexible in their approach to clients, and be active in turning our ethos into practice at all times.
Who we are looking for
These roles form part of an exciting expansion plan, which will consolidate the depth and quality of our offer within our core sectors. The successful candidates will also play an integral part in growing the evidence-based intellectual property which informs all of our work.
This opportunity will appeal to individuals who are enthusiastic team-players, who can demonstrate:
- a keen interest in governance as a positive force for good and an enabler of constructive change
- strong report-writing and presentation skills at a level expected for engagement with a Board in a large public organisation
- high levels of respect, sensitivity to the contributions of others and emotional intelligence needed in a small team
- experience of different organisations and cultures on which to draw
The roles are all London-based, with expectations of extensive travel in the UK and occasional international assignments. The main workspace is based in Vauxhall, London, but flexible and home-based working is actively encouraged.
Personalised development will be provided by GGI.